August 30, 2011

Let the ramblings begin.

Hello, readers. My name is Kevin, and I'm a geek. I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it, either. I love comics, video games, sci-fi, and other such stimulants for the imagination that are not drugs. I was born on September 3rd, 1986. If you haven't noticed, my 25th birthday is right around the corner. It's this very Saturday, in fact. I dunno why I decided to start this blog today of all days, but oh well. We'll just have to figure that out as we go, won't we folks?

I've got a loving girlfriend, even though we live a few states apart. She's in Pennsylvania, and I'm stuck here in Michigan. I'm usually not in favor of long distance relationships, but given that we're in the same time zone, I'm not too bothered by it. Plus, we chat nearly every night on Skype, so it's not a big deal. She's a big geek like me, so we discuss a lot of the same stuff. Also, I should also mention that I love her to bits. She probably wouldn't forgive me if I didn't say that. Nah, just kidding. But still, I just wanted to make it clear that I'm faithful to her and that I care very deeply about her, which is probably more than can be said about most guys in relationships these days.

Anyway, from a very young age, I knew I was a bit different from the norm. I'll give an example of what I mean. When I was in elementary school, we were told to write an essay on our favorite food. Everyone in the class except for two of us raved about pizza. I was one of those 2. We decided to rave about meatloaf. However, I was a bit more specific than the other student. How so? I said "meatloaf with ketchup" instead of just "meatloaf". Nowadays, I prefer it with barbecue sauce. But I digest, er digress.

In terms of comics, I've always been more a Marvel fan. Don't get me wrong, though. I like DC as well, but lately, I think the best stuff that's been done with those characters is the continuity known as the "DC Animated Universe", or DCAU. I especially loved "Batman: The Animated Series". To me, Kevin Conroy is the definitive Batman for the animated DC stuff, and Mark Hamill is the definitive Joker. Yes folks, you read that right. Luke Skywalker voiced the fucking Joker! Allow yourself a brief respite of your minds being blown before continuing to read this blog entry.

In terms of video games, I'll play anything that's fun and interesting, but I primarily like J-RPGs. Also, despite my age, I still love the hell out of playing the Kirby series from Nintendo. In fact, my friend Hannah has said that I'm the only guy friend she has who still does, and doesn't care that he's pink.

However, I've lately been playing a J-RPG series called Dragon Quest. Back in the NES days, it was known as Dragon Warrior due to rights reasons. However, Square-Enix bought the rights to the Dragon Quest name back in 2005 when they were releasing Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King for the PS2 Stateside. Since then, the series has had the same consistent name on both sides of the world, which is fine by me.

In terms of TV shows, I'll watch anything that's interesting. I've lately been watching a British show called Doctor Who. I may dedicate a post to it sometime in the near future, but for now, I'll just tell you the synopsis. Basically, it's about a human-like alien who calls himself "The Doctor". He travels through time and space, fighting monsters, righting wrongs, and also... does an awful lot of running. You might wonder how he travels in time and space. Well, I'm gonna save that for another time.

Anyway, I think that's enough about me for now. If I feel the need to post something else, I'll do so. Til then, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment